Terms of Reference
The duty of the Ministry of Women and Human Rights Development
- Setting, promoting and implementing the socio-political development of the Ministry of Women and Human Rights Development
- Building capacity of staff and management, re-organize structure of the Ministry office.
- Ensure protection of the Ministry and its property, and getting back the missing ones.
- Follow-up with all previously made agreements relevant to the Ministry.
- Propose regulations regarding the functions of the Ministry
- Prepare and present periodically collected data regarding the functions of the Ministry
- Empowering and encouraging the support of women’s economic policies
- Strengthening and promoting the development of family affairs
- Protecting the rights of women and children
- Proposing legislations and the establishment of the Human Rights Commission
- Implementing the protection of Human Rights in the country
- FGM prevention
- Proposing developmental programs for women and children
- Strengthening coordination and cooperation between the ministry and other organizations and agencies that tend to the welfare of women and children
- Supporting the development of women organizations
- Development of education on Home Economics
- Developing and proposing legislation that protects the rights of women and children
- Preventing and ending child labour
- Create recreation centers for children
- Monitoring and evaluation on the duties and responsibilities assigned to the Ministry